Thank you to everyone who took part in our recent PIF member survey.
The results will be used to ensure PIF is providing the support you need during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Below are some of the key themes and highlights.
The main reasons for joining PIF were:
- To keep up to date with best practice in health information (82.54%)
- Improve/maintain quality of health information (71.43%)
- Network with others in healthcare information (63.49%)
The most important service provided to members is training. PIF Aware and the website were also seen as very important.
PIF services and resources
- 100% of respondents would recommend PIF to a friend.
- 95.08% of respondents supported the introduction of PIF TICK.
- 85% would like a mix of virtual and face to face events going forward.
- PIF how-to guides (38.98%) and events and webinars (37.93%) are the most useful.
- 75% of people felt PIF was highly effective at supporting people who produce and provide health information.
- 70% felt PIF was highly effective at championing health information.
- 68.85% felt PIF’s current services and activities helped them to deliver their vision and strategy.
Challenges and solutions during COVID-19
The importance of health literacy (85%) and signposting to trustworthy information (80%) were thought to be the things that should be retained from the response to the pandemic.
Immediate challenges for the membership are assessing impact (60.0%), pandemic response (60.0%), resource constraints (55%) and health and digital literacy (51.67%).
It has felt like PIF has really been there to support information providers during the pandemic. The opportunity to discuss and the gathering of evidence has been exceptionally useful.
Planning for the future
We received lots of great suggestions for the future, which we will be discussing internally. Key themes were:
- Networking – members would like ways to contact and engage with others to share ideas.
- Members would like PIF to promote, lobby and take a more strategic role to champion and embed high-quality health information, influencing policy to ensure proper standards for, and provision of, patient information across health and social care.
- PIF should develop a repository of examples of health information and templates for such resources.
- 96.61% would like to see a hub to share resources on health information, similar to PIF’s COVID-19 resources hub.