In May 2020 we launched the PIF TICK – the UK-wide quality mark for health information.
Over the last 12 months, the scheme has enjoyed tremendous success.
Highlights from this year include:
- 40 accredited members
- A further 31 organisations signed up to the scheme
- Working with a researcher from the World Health Organization (WHO) on how PIF TICK can be replicated worldwide
- Keeping contacts in NHSE, NHSX, HEE and NICE up to date with the scheme’s development
On Monday (7 June) we invited PIF TICK members to get an early preview of the next stage of the scheme – a public-facing website.
This site was developed following requests from PIF TICK members. It will include:
- Links to all members via a directory
- Advice on how to find trusted health information
- Videos from patients explaining why trusted health information matters to them
- Case studies from member organisations explaining why they signed up
- Explanations of what 'evidence-based' means
- Answers to common questions about the PIF TICK
- A plain language summary of the TICK criteria
Any PIF TICK members who would like to provide case studies for the new site should contact Dan Wills.
The site will be undergoing user testing in the next few weeks.
Anyone who would like to be involved in the user testing can contact Dan.
To comply with PIF's own guidelines, every effort has been made to make the new site health literacy friendly and accessible.
The site includes the new ReachDeck tool, provided by PIF partners Texthelp, which assesses readability and offers a BrowseAloud option.
The PIF TICK public site will officially launch on the first day of Health Information Week 2021 (5 July).
Social media activity is planned for the day of the launch and throughout Health Information Week.
We will be sending a social media pack to all PIF TICK members prior to the launch and would love your support in spreading the word.
During Health Information Week we will also be running a free bitesize session on writing in plain language. Further details of this event will be announced shortly.
We look forward to revealing the new PIF TICK website shortly.