YouTube HealthShelf applications
Dr Vishaal Virani confirmed applications for the next phase of its HealthShelf will open on 12 June.
To qualify for the HealthShelf, organisations and individuals must show they:
- Meet the new Academy of Medical Royal Colleges content standards, developed in collaboration with PIF and a multisector stakeholder group
- Are accountable to at least 1 healthcare professional
- Have 2,000-plus public watch hours over the past 12 months
- Have a primary focus on health education content
- Have no community guidelines strikes
PIF is in discussions with YouTube about this rollout and will be sharing more information with members as we receive it.
Some of the presentations from this event are below. The hybrid event was held at Google's HQ and was not recorded.
If you would like to access further learning, please email us and we will share recordings of previous YouTube best practice sessions.
Best practice in health video and HealthShelf update - Dr Vishaal Virani, Head of UK Health, YouTube
Mind and YouTube content partnership - Sarah Miles, Head of Content (Information), Mind
NHS video on the HealthShelf - Joe Freeman, Social and Digital Media Lead, nhs.uk