The Children’s Trust School has been judged outstanding by the education quality inspectorate Ofsted.
The school was praised for its approach which “empowers pupils and helps them to find their voice.” Specific areas of excellence highlighted include:
- Children flourish at the school, where their individuality is recognised and nurtured
- The education children receive helps them participate more confidently in the world
- Staff are experts at teaching children to communicate using a range of personalised methods
- Moments of wonder and celebration are a characteristic of many lessons
- Children benefit from a strong focus on accessible art and music
The school was also praised for giving parents, families and carers information and support.
The Children’s Trust supports children with brain injury and neurodisability. It delivers education, rehabilitation and community services.
Its Surrey school was assessed by Ofsted in September and the report was published on 17 November.