A new PIF quality mark for health information will launch in April. The quality mark is based on organisations meeting 10 key criteria.
These were developed with PIF’s 1,000-strong membership representing more than 300 cross-sector health organisations.
They were then tested by major health brands and validated by consumer research. The pilot organisations were:
- Anthony Nolan
- Breast Cancer Now
- Cancer Research UK
- Follicular Lymphoma Foundation
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Macmillan Cancer Support
- Royal College of Anaesthetists
- The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Talk Health
- Multiple System Atrophy Trust
The pilot scheme was made possible through funding by BUPA.