Bupa is looking for a Specialist Health Editor – Quality to join its Health Content Team.
- Full time: 37.5 hours a week
- Salary: £30–35,000 dependent on experience
- Based: Battle Bridge House, Kings Cross, London
- Closing date: 29 January 2020
The Specialist Health Editor – Quality has a key role in the Health Content Team, which creates high-quality health information for online platforms and customers across Bupa.
In this role, you’ll make sure that Bupa’s health content continues to meet the highest standards of quality. You’ll update team production guides and carry out audits to help the team follow rigorous editorial and production processes, resulting in excellent consumer health information.
As part of the editorial team, you’ll also be responsible for creating, commissioning and reviewing externally-accredited information. You’ll make sure content is relevant, readable and reliable, and that it meets Bupa's strategic needs while engaging consumers in their health and well-being.
What’s a typical day?
- Researching, writing, commissioning and editing health content for Bupa.co.uk, including the A–Z Directory and ‘Healthy Me’.
- Verifying health information against clinical sources, using critical appraisal skills.
- Collating comments from medical reviewers and editing drafts accordingly.
- Producing content and managing projects to support the objectives of internal stakeholders, such as patient information leaflets or articles for corporate clients.
- Providing support and feedback to both in-house and freelance editors regarding quality improvement and editorial development.
- Completing quarterly content quality audits, making sure our health information adheres to robust external standards.
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience of editorial processes including researching, writing, editing and proofreading, gained in a health-focused organisation, whether private, NHS or charity.
- General clinical knowledge: a broad understanding of human biology and medical science.
- The ability to communicate technical information in Plain English and present medical terminology and statistics in an engaging and meaningful way.
- A meticulous eye for detail, with the ability to spot a mistake a mile off and the initiative to suggest how processes can be improved.
- A Life Sciences degree or equivalent knowledge is desirable. Creative thinking, a customer- obsessed mindset and passion for health are essential.
For a full description of requirements and information on how to apply visit: https://bupa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/EXT_CAREER/job/Central-London/Specialist-Health-Editor---Quality_R1053902