|Job Role:||Health Content Editor|
|Location:||Hybrid working / Mainly home-based|
|Deadline for Applications:||27-01-2022|
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health Content Editor to join our award-winning Health Content Team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Lead Editor, you’ll be responsible for producing high-quality health content and ensuring the information is up-to-date, evidence-based, reliable and easy to understand.
This includes reviewing our A-Z library of medical topics, writing regular health articles for our online healthy living platform, producing wellbeing resources for corporate customers, and developing multimedia content such as videos, animations, podcasts and infographics.
What you’ll be doing
- Reviewing our A-Z library of accredited medical information against the latest clinical evidence to ensure it meets the PIF TICK criteria.
- Researching and verifying information against medical sources, using critical appraisal skills.
- Writing regular articles for our online healthy living platform, covering a wide range of areas such as nutrition, fitness, mental health, COVID-19, smoking and alcohol.
- Producing content for internal stakeholders, such as patient information leaflets, wellbeing guides for managers and articles for corporate clients.
- Creating multimedia content in a variety of formats, including videos, animations, podcasts and infographics.
- Liaising with expert clinicians to obtain feedback and approval on content, collating and incorporating medical comments as necessary.
- Working closely with our network of freelance Health Editors, including commissioning projects, and providing detailed feedback and quality checks throughout all stages of the review process.
- Conducting Search Engine Optimisation research and incorporating recommendations into drafts to optimise web content.
- Adapting your writing style to suit different audiences.
- Ensuring copy is written in Plain English, in line with Bupa style and tone of voice guidelines, and consideration of health and digital literacy needs.
- Proofreading content for team members.
What you’ll bring:
- A deep understanding of hierarchy of evidence and critical appraisal skills.
- Impressive experience working in an editorial, health information or publications team for a healthcare or charitable organisation.
- A relevant qualification or experience in a communications and/or life sciences area.
- Broad knowledge of medical language and terminology, including an understanding of the importance of communicating medical statistics, messages, facts or advice to an external consumer audience.
- Passion for producing health information that evidence-based, accurate, trustworthy and easy-to-understand.
- Strong research, writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with the Patient Information Forum and the PIF TICK scheme.
- Experience producing and editing high-quality information that adheres to robust external standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Highly organised and collaborative, with good communication and relationship-building skills.
- An understanding of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) best practice, and experience using SEO to optimise and improve web content.
- Experience of editing and uploading online content using a Content Management System (CMS).
- An understanding of health literacy, accessibility and how to use inclusive language in health content.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.