Join us at this online workshop and learn how to carry out a health literacy audit and a digital inequalities assessment at your organisation.
The importance of health literacy and digital literacy have been highlighted throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
This work, along with member workshops, has highlighted the need for health and digital literacy training.
We are pleased to be joined by Julia Bell and Bob Gann, who have helped develop the workshop.
At the end of the workshop attendees will:
- Have a better understanding of health and digital literacy and how this can affect people in society.
- Be able to carry out a health literacy audit of their organisation.
- Understand who is at risk of digital inequality.
- Learn about the legal requirements around digital inequality.
- Be able to carry out a digital inequalities assessment.
- Have improved plain language writing skills.
The workshop will be delivered via Zoom and will be held over three consecutive mornings, with a maximum of 25 delegates.
A detailed agenda will be released prior to the workshop. The workshop includes pre-course work, practical exercises, group work and individual feedback from tutors.
Mon 18 October 2021; 9.30am-1.00pm – Introduction to health and digital literacy
Led by Sophie Randall, Director, PIF and Sheena Campbell, Journalism Tutor and Communications Manager, PIF
Tues 19 October 2021; 9.30am-1.00pm – Carrying out a health literacy audit
Led by Julia Bell, Editorial and Patient Information Consultant
Weds 20th October 2021; 9.30am-1.00pm – Understanding and overcoming digital inequalities
Led by Bob Gann, Independent Consultant on Digital Exclusion
Please note we do not accept cancellations 30 days prior to the event.