Join us at this online workshop during health literacy month, and learn how to carry out a health literacy audit and a digital inequalities assessment at your organisation.
The importance of health literacy and digital literacy have been highlighted throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
This work, along with member workshops, has highlighted the need for health and digital literacy training.
At the end of the workshop attendees will:
- Have a better understanding of health and digital literacy and how this can affect people in society.
- Be able to carry out a health literacy audit of their organisation.
- Understand who is at risk of digital inequality.
- Learn about the legal requirements around digital inequality.
- Be able to carry out a digital inequalities assessment.
- Have improved plain language writing skills.
The workshop will be delivered via Zoom and will be held over three consecutive mornings, with a maximum of 25 delegates.
A detailed agenda will be released prior to the workshop. The workshop includes pre-course work, practical exercises, group work and individual feedback from tutors.
Monday 10 October 2022; 9.30am-1.00pm
Introduction to health and digital literacy
Tutor: Sheena Campbell, Journalism Tutor and Communications Manager, PIF
Tuesday 11 October 2022; 9.30am-1.00pm
Carrying out a health literacy audit
Tutor: Julia Bell, Editorial and Patient Information Consultant
Wednesday 13 October 2022; 9.30am-1.00pm
Understanding and overcoming digital inequalities
Tutor to be confirmed
Please note we do not accept cancellations 30 days prior to the event.